About the course
“I am pleased to endorse this extensive and thorough course of training not only on knowledge of ODR , its history, its developments around the world , legislation and issues of justice affected by ODR but at a practical level the course teaches practitioners into adapting their existing skills to the online environment. Whilst there are not as yet any standards created for training in ODR, this course , in turning trainees into ODR experts, satisfies Continuing Professional Development requirements for ADR practitioners”.
Professor Ethan Katsh, Director of the National Center for Technology and Dispute Resolution, University of Massachusetts
This course is delivered partly online and partly in person.
During your ODR Mediation course, you will cover the following topics:-
* ODR related legislation
* ODR in the court system
* Demonstrations of available ODR services
* The pros and cons of offering ADR online
* Developing trust online
* Appropriate procedures and techniques for communication
* Avoiding the pitfalls when communicating online
* Time management in asynchronous online conversations
* Adapting discourse for the online environment
* Promoting your ODR skills
* Marketing opportunities specific to your practice
* Making online mediation cost effective and profitable
* Exploiting the opportunities for online mediation within lawyer free courts and tribunals
The elements of the course include:-
1. Reading material covering the above topics.
2. Access to a series of 7 video/slide presentations intotal covering each of the above topics to view in your own time with no date limit.
3. Quizzes and assessment.
4. A minimum of four live, one hour, webinars with experts and leaders in the field.
5. A 1 hour session of personal 1:1 training (or, at an additional quoted fee, group training for a firm) with the emphasis on assistance with marketing in selected categories of disputes. One will be at the outset (to enable marketing advice to be personalised) and one at the end of the core program. These sessions will be by web conferencing although in-person meetings can be arranged for an additional fee.
6. At least 2 live roleplays, one using web conferencing and one using asynchronous discussion.
7. Membership of our panel of ODR Professionals with access to the Association’s private LinkedIn group where, as well as being updated on ODR developments, members will be able to network with fellow ODR professionals and develop ideas, projects etc.This is a small group focused on practical aspects to help exploit the opportunities ODR opens up for practitioners.
8. A continually growing online library resource of references to books and papers on the subject with full access to certain of them.
The course is provided by ODR Training Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under Company Registration number 11197806 and whose Registered Office is situated at Suite 139, Imperial Court, Exchange St East, Liverpool L2 3AB, UK